PATIENT & ATTENDANT RESPONSIBILITIES
As a patient or attendant, you are responsible
- For keeping appointments, being on time for appointments, and calling your doctor/hospital if you cannot adhere to the appointment timing.
- For providing complete and accurate information, including your full name, address, telephone number, date of birth, particulars of next-of-kin and insurance company/TPA/employer, past illness, and medication details wherever required.
- For actively participating in your treatment plan and to keep your doctors and nurses informed of the effectiveness of your treatment.
- For your valuables. Please leave your at home and only bring necessary items. For treating all hospital staff, other patients and visitors with courtesy and respect; abide by the hospital rules and safety regulations; be considerate of noise levels, privacy and number of visitors; and comply with the ‘No Smoking’ policy.
- For understanding all instructions before signing the consent forms.
Patient & Attendant right
- Be treated with respect, consideration, compassion and dignity, in a safe and clean environment regardless of your age, gender, race, origin, religion, sexual orientation or disabilities.
- Be addressed by your proper name and to be informed about the names of the doctors, nurses and other healthcare team members involved in your care.
- Full protection of your privacy, dignity and confidentiality in care discussions, examinations, and treatments.
- A clear and understandable explanation by your doctor about your diagnosis, as well as the benefits and risks of each treatment, expected outcome and change in medical condition.
- Be protected from physical abuse and neglect.
- Receive information from the hospital regarding the expected cost of treatment and payment policies.
- Request for a copy of your medical records as per protocol.
- Visiting Guidelines for Incentive Care Units (ICS’s)
- All Intensive Care Units (ICUs) areas are restricted areas. Visitors are requested to adhere to protocol and wear isolation gown, mask, gloves, shoe covers and use hand sanitizer available at the hospital before and after entering these areas.
- To minimize the risk of infection, only one attendant at a time is allowed for a maximum of 10 minutes. Visitors are requested to wait for their turn to enter these special zones.
It is expected that visitors will
- Not visit if the visitors are sick.
- Comply with safety and security procedures.
- Wear and display their visitor identification card at all times while in patient/restricted areas.
- Leave the hospital during a disaster or fire alarm. Patients are the responsibility of the hospital and will be rescued as per an evacuation plan.
- Act in a respectful manner.
Unacceptable behavior includes but is not limited to
- Unreasonable interference with a patient’s plan of care.
- Harassment of any kind, including inappropriate telephone calls to a staff member.
- Use of loud, threatening, abusive or obscene language.
- Use of physical violence or acting in a threatening manner towards staff.
- Arriving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Damage to hospital property.
- Possession of weapons or firearms.
- Disturbance to other patients.