ENT department at Geetanjali hospital specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of all diseases of ear, nose & throat & head and neck in children and adults. Some of the common problem which is being dealt is sinusitis, tonsillitis, otiin media, glue ear, otosclerosis, adenoid enlargement and allergic rhinitis. The ENT department is well equipped with state of the art machines and audiology services.
Following clinical services are being offered in the department of ENT at Geetanjali hospital Udaipur:
- Audiology services
- Myringotomy and grommet insertion
- Tympano – mastoidectomy and ossiculoplasty
- Stepedectomy for otosclerosis
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery (fess) to treat chronic sinusitis
- Nasal obstruction surgery like – septoplasty & turbinectomy
- Sleep apnoea surgery
- Microlaryngeal surgery (ML SCOPY) for vocal cord pathologies
- Head & Neck
- Salivary gland excision
- Thyroid gland surgery
- Surgery for intra oral pathologies
- Surgery for neck swellings
- Upper aero digestive tract endoscopies
- Other Services
- Endoscopic DCR
- Neck dissection for head & neck cancer
- R. Broncoscopy
- Thyroid & parotid surgeries
- Audiology & speech therapy department Audiology having sound proof chamber & performed by well qualified audiologist & speech therapist.
- Pure Tone Audiometry
- Speech Audiometry
- Impedence Test
- Glycerol Test
- Advanced Digital Hearing Aids
- Speech Therapy
- Operation Theatre
- Operating microscope - ZIESS SENSURA.
- KARL STORZ endoscopes with camera.
- XOMED MICRODEBRIDER with SKEETAR attachment.
- BEN AIER powered high speed drilling motor.
Useful info and health tips
- Minimize throat clearing
Clearing your throat can be compared to slapping or slamming the vocal cords together.Consequently, excessive throat clearing can cause vocal cord injury and subsequent hoarseness. An alternative to voice clearing is taking a small sip of water or simply swallowing to clear the secretions from the throat and alleviate the need for throat clearing or coughing. The most common reason for excessive throat clearing is an unrecognized medical condition causing one to clear their throat too much. Common causes of chronic throat clearing include gastro esophageal reflux, larynxgopharyngeal reflux disease, sinus and/or allergic disease.
- Self-help for the light snorer
Adults who suffer from mild or occasional snoring should try the following self-help remedies
- Adopt a healthy and athletic lifestyle to develop good muscle tone and lose weight.
- Avoid tranquilizers, sleeping pills and antihistamines before bedtime.
- Establish regular sleeping patterns.
- Sleep on your side rather than your back.
- Elevate the head of your bed four inches.