Neuro & Vascular Interventional Radiology
- Brain aneurysms- coiling, balloon assisted coiling, stent assisted coiling, flow diverter
- Acute stroke interventions – mechanical thrombectomy
- Carotico cavernous fistula – embolization
- Venous sinus thrombosis – in situ thrombolysis.
- Brain AVM/AVF embolization
- Dural AVF embolization
- Carotid artery stenting
- Intracranial stenting
- Vein of Galen malformation embolization
- Endovascular coiling is minimally invasive way to treat potentially life threatening brain aneurysms. Proven effectiveness and durability in clinical trials.
- Intracranial clot retrieval using stent retriever is the state of the art treatment for stroke in window period.
- Carotid artery stenting is well established for symptomatic carotid artery stenosis to prevent future stroke and is proven effective in multiple trials.
- Spine and spinal cord vascular malformations
- Spinal Dural AV fistula
- Spine and spinal cord hyper vascular tumors Embolization
- Embolization of hyper vascular tumors (Angiofibroma, paraganglioma, carotid body tumors)
- Maxillofacial vascular malformation
- Percutaneous sclerotherapy of venous / lymphatic malformation / hemangioma
- Neck aneurysms
- Traumatic vascular injuries
- Preoperative embolization of nasopharyngeal angiofibroma reduces the blood loss significantly.
- Transarterial chemoembolization for liver cancer
- RF ablation of tumors
- Pre-operative tumor embolization
- Percutaneous gastrostomy
- Transarterial chemoembolization and radioembolisation is helpful as a palliative measure in treating
- HCC. It also has great role in keeping the tumor under control for the patients awaiting liver transplant.
- Radiofrequency ablation of the osteoid osteoma is standard of care to make the patient pain free.
Emergency – Life Saving
- Post traumatic bleeding
- Post-surgery/post biopsy bleeding
- GI bleeding
- Massive hemoptysis
- Acute limb ischemia – thrombolysis
- Embolization is life saving in solid organ trauma
Gynecology & Obstetrics:
- Embolization of fibroid
- Post-partum hemorrhage embolization
- Uterine AV malformation embolization
- Fallopian recanalization
- Prompt Embolization of Post partum hemorrhage is life saving.
Urology and Nephrology:
- Permanent hemodialysis catheter insertion
- Dialysis AVF salvage
- Renal biopsy percutaneous or trans-jugular
- Post biopsy bleeding – embolization
- Embolization of post biopsy or post PCNl AVF or pseuodoaneurysm is very effective for hematuria as well as to prevent renal tissue loss specially in transplant kidney or single functional kidney.
- TIPS Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt
- DIPS- Direct Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt
- BRTO Balloon Occluded Retrograde Transvenous Obliteration of gastric varices
- PTBD- Percutaneous Transhepatic Biliary Drainage
- Budd chiari syndrome - hepatic vein/IVC stenting
- Biliary stenting
- Trans-jugular liver biopsy
- Portal vein embolization
- Angioplasty and stenting of peripheral arteries
- Renal artery stenting
- Mesenteric stenting
- Aneurysm – embolization/ stent graft
- Percutaneous angioplasty and stenting of peripheral and visceral vessels.
Congenital Vascular Malformation:
- AVM/AVF Embolization
- Percutaneous sclero-therapy for venous and lymphatic malformation
Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Angiography
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Angiography for renal impaired patients.
- Thrombolysis in DVT
- IVC filters
- Varicose vein – RF ablation and foam sclerotherapy