The dermatology department specializes in diagnosis and treatment of skin problems and also in sexually transmitted diseases. This department is specially designed for enhancing patient’s skin texture and to boost their confidence by decorating their grooming and by enhancing their lifestyle.
- OPD services
- IPD services
- Laboratory services
- KOH mount for fungal hyphae
- AFB staining for leprosy
- TZANCK smear
- GRAM staining
- Minor OT services
- Radiofrequency cautery
- Chemical peeling
- Scar reconstruction TCA cross
- Advanced surgeries for vitiligo (leukoderma)
- Hair removal laser
- Laser for pigmentation
- Laser for scars
- Laser for skin tightening
- Laser for tattoo removal
- Treatment for pigmentation, dry skin problems, wrinkles etc
- Botox injection for wrinkles
- Skin fillers for facial contouring and wrinkle
- Treatment for hair fall
- Punch grafting for vitiligo
- Molluscum extraction
- Cutaneous infections including abscess drainage
- Treatment for plantar corns
- Special treatment for acne and scarring
- Treatment for keloids
- Skin biopsy- skin clipping
- Chemical cautery
- Intra lesional injection
- Electro cauterization
- CRYO therapy, minor surgical procedures like removal of moles, warts etc.
- Laser therapy for hair removal, chemical peeling.
- Venereology: diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases
Skin & Hair
- OPD Services
- IPD Services
- Laboratory Services
- Minor OT Services
- Hair Transplantation
- KOH mount for fungal hyphae
- AFB staining for leprosy
- Tzanck smear
- Gram staining
Minor OT Services
Microdermabrasion is a non-chemical, non-invasive procedure that uses a spray of microcrystals to remove the outermost layer of dry, dead skin cells and reveal younger, healthier-looking skin. Microdermabrasion also encourages the production of a new underlying layer of skin cells with higher levels of collagen and elastin, which further improves your skin’s appearance. Microdermabrasion is very effective method used to treat facial lines, skin blemishes, & superficial scars.
- Radiofrequency Cautery
Radiofreqeuency ablation is a versatile dermatosurgical procedure used for surgical management of skin lesions by using various forms of alternating current at an ultra high frequency.
The major modalities in radiofrequency are electrosection, electrocoagulation, electrodessication and fulguration. It is we are used to treat most of the skin lesions like skin tags, warts,cutaneous horns, moles, dermatosis papulosis nigra etc with ease in less time with clean surgical field due to adequate hemostasis and with minimal side effects and complications.
- Chemical Peeling
A chemical peel is a body treatment technique used to improve and smooth the texture of the skin, often facial skin, using a chemical solution that causes the dead skin to slough off and eventually peel off. The regenerated skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin. Various types of peels are also useful in the treatment of pigmentation skin & acne.
- Scar Reconstruction TCA CROSS
TCA CROSS chemical peels can be safely used in all skin types, and in our hands has an excellent safety profile. If performed correctly, this method is an excellent method to treat acne scars & chicken pox. We tailor the concentration and technique of chemical peeling according to the skin type and depth of acne scars.
- Phototherapy For Vitiligo (Leucoderma)
Phototherapy or light based treatment is a very usefull therapy for skin patients. It is considered the most preferred treatment for vitiligo (leukoderma) & is usefull in stopping diseases. The treatment is done twice daily, & may continue foe a year or more (depending on disease).
- Advanced surgeries for vitiligo (Leucoderma)
Vitiligo is a chronic skin condition that causes areas of the skin to become depigmented (or lose pigment). We are doing medical & surgical treatment of all type of vitiligo.
- Hair Removal Laser
A laser is a beam of highly specialized condensed & monochromatic light laser beams used in hair removal & absorbed by the heat generated.
Meanwhile, the cooling device with the laser beam prevents burning sensation to the patient.
Super hair removal is the latest , painless technology of hair removal & available at very affordable cost at GMCH.
- Laser For Pigmentation
Excessive skin pigmentation can be from a number of causes including UV exposure, hormones, skin trauma, and congenital.
Pigmentation can be treated with lasers and lightening creams.
The mode of treatment used will be dependent on the type of pigmentation, patient preference, and patient risk tolerance.
- Laser For Scars
Unlike surgery, laser scar treatment uses short pulses of micro-fine laser light to reach deeply into the skin's sub-layers, treating the support structure. Then the body's natural healing process sweeps away older, damaged tissue and rebuilds it with fresh, new collagen and elastin- the crucial building blocks of normal-looking skin. It's a fast and simple procedure that's easy to tolerate and requires little to no downtime.
- Laser For Skin Tightening
GMCH offers new hope for patients seeking skin tightening. GMCH Laser skin tightening treatment differs from other treatments in a number of ways. Our device is ready for all skin types. In other words, this skin tightening technology has no limitations and can be applied to the darker skin types just as it can the lighter skin types. For consumers this means an effective solution where there was none before.
- Laser For Tattoo Removal
Treatment with the laser varies from patient to patient depending on the age, colour, and type of tattoo (amateur or professional). The color of the patient's skin, as well as the depth to which the tattoo pigment extends, will also affect the removal technique.
Useful info and health tips
Sun exposure, acne or just getting older can leave your skin tone uneven, wrinkled, spotted or scarred. If you want your skin to look smoother and younger, consider a chemical peel, which uses a chemical solution to smooth the texture of your skin by removing the damaged outer layers. A chemical peel, also called chemexfoliation or derma peeling, is one of the least invasive ways to improve the appearance of your skin. Although chemical peels are used mostly on the face, they can also be used to improve the skin on your neck and hands.
You can improve
- Acne or acne scars
- Age and liver spots
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Irregular skin pigmentation
- Rough skin and scaly patches
- Sun-damaged skin
Precautions after Laser Hair Removal
- Immediately after treatment, there should be mild redness and swelling at the treatment site, which may last up to 2 hours or longer. The redness may last up to 2-3 days. The treated area will feel like a sunburn.
- Makeup may be used immediately after the treatment unless there is blistering.
- Avoid sun exposure until skin has returned to its normal baseline.
- Avoid picking or scratching the treated skin. Do not use any other hair removal treatment products or services (waxing, electrolysis or tweezing) that will disturb the hair follicle in the treatment area.
- Wash the treated area and pat dry for 3 days after treatment. Do not scrub.
- Start gently scrubbing treated area on the 4th day.
- Anywhere from 5-20 days after the treatment, shedding of the surface hair may occur and this appears as new hair growth. This is not new hair growth.
- At 1 week post treatment, attempt to pull hairs out gently. If the hair comes out, as if unattached to the skin, proceed to pull out the hairs. Otherwise, wait 2 to 3 days and try again for up to 3 weeks.
- For 2 to 3 weeks after treatment, ideally avoid shaving the shedding hair, although if absolutely
- necessary, gently touch hair with razor. Shaving can be performed on newly growing hair.
- After the underarms are treated, ideally use a powder instead of deodorant for 24 hours after the treatment to reduce skin irritation.
- There are no restrictions on bathing except to treat the skin gently, as if you had a sunburn, for the first 24 hours.
- Use post-laser lotion (if available) twice a day for 3 days.